Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Catching Up

(Mainly because I need to get this out of the system before being able to concentrate on what I should be doing).


  • Creative people can be assholes. Even to people who are consistently reasonable with them. Sometimes snapping back can help.
  • Sri Lankans, even those working in innocuous think tanks, have terrible work lives - sometimes worse than corporate Indians.
  • My current role model is a universally disliked person.
  • Adulting can be fatal. Though it's difficult to say why. I mean sure, we seem to work on 24x7 schedules, but previous generations had it worse in some senses. Like when was the last time you stood in a queue for anything? 
  • It was this morning for me, at the post-office but the reason behind that was my own adulting fails. Point is, I am currently probably suffering the worst of both worlds and this may be my last post ever. 
  • Yes, I have a love for drama.
  • And death.
  • What I felt at the post office today was probably similar to what the elderly feel when looking at snazzy technology - utterly lost (which is also how I feel when looking at snazzy technology but that's not the point here). I gawked like a child at the placards on the counters, had to ask for directions thrice (twice for the speed post counter, and once for buying stationery), and asked dumb questions like 'Do I need extra stamps to send a speed-post?', 'The envelope has to be sealed?' and 'Is this glue?'
  • I also snarked at a middle aged lady for breaking the queue, and then asked her for help translating the post-office staff's Tamil.
  • Which is probably exactly what my current role model would do. So #win.
  • Talking of adulting failures, I took out the trash today out of my room, after 1.5 weeks, and only because I could beginning to smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment