Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2023

I saw Into the Spiderverse last weekend, and wept copiously at a scene where Miles Morales's mother tells him that his parents are always concerned about him because in the real world, there is no one who might be rooting for Miles the way they do. She lets him go away if he promised that he would take care of that little child in him, like his parents. I think my weeping was because of the fact that it hit me that I had not loved myself as parents would. But also that I probably never had a family unit looking out for me that way. Or may did at one point - Baba, Dida, but do not have anymore. Honestly, though, I might be just finding new things to be sad about, because who has that system anyway?

(I mean I can't even say 'the Movies!' anymore, once Bollywood grew up).

No comments:

Post a Comment